Thursday, December 6, 2012

All I Want (to Give) for Christmas is...

The giving season is upon us. Is there anything you really want? I know that many of my blogging friends have posted lists with ideas for that hard to buy for hunter of yours. The question I hear asked each year is, "What do I get the guy or gal who has everything?" Well, what about that? And what about the lady hunter who seems to have everything. 

For me, I have been blessed and truly have everything I want. Could I use another gadget? Sure! If I found a PSE DNA, meat grinder, food slicer, vacuum sealer, or a KOWA spotting scope under my tree I'd be delighted, but I really don't feel like I need anything. (My gift ideas tend to get more expensive as I grow older!) Actually, it's quite the opposite. I want to give some stuff away. I really do, but first I need to know what YOU, my readers, want for Christmas. 

What gift(s) do you want to see under your tree this year?

You are probably wondering why I am asking. Well, instead of posting a gift idea list, I want to hear from you guys. What do you want? The reason is I have some items laying around that are just not being used and I would really like them to go to someone who can use them. Here's the catch... I am not going to be posting what they are. If I did that, far too many people won't post what they genuinely want or need, so I am going to keep it a secret. I genuinely want to know what YOU want!

Here's the deal. You share via a comment on this post something you would like to receive. It can be one item or five items, but let's not get too greedy. If I happen to have that item in my box o'goodies I might just send it out to you. Just like making a list for Santa, I make no guarantees, but I want someone to be able to use these for something other than  a box filler or dust collector. So ask away. Ho-Ho-Ho!

26 comments:

  1. All I want for Christmas is for Santa to send Al Quackenbush to the ATA show.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be a great one, Mark! Cheers!

      Delete
    2. Haha! I'd like for Big Al to come to AR so I can show him how we do it in the south!!

      Delete
  2. Hmmm. Just in case you happen to have one of these laying around...

    A bucket full of $100 bills! That would make my Christmas! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll be the first to know if I do, Bill. I am likely to find a bucket...

      Delete
  3. I would be happy (ecstatic) to receive:

    A bow
    Arrows
    A knife
    A para cord bracelet
    A corvette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great list, John! Shoot me an email. ;)

      Delete
  4. Well all I ever wanted for Christmas was to have my family all together, healthy and happy but if I were to wish for something for me it would be an external microphone for my Cannon video camera. Lol. Got one of those Al? Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a great one, Scott. Having family together is such a blessing. I do not have one of the external mics, but that is a great idea!

      Delete
  5. A Bow string.
    A new Pop up blind for spring turkey
    A bow press
    Gates to be open in Ca
    oh yea, and a deer, bobcat and bear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Another great list! I will have to dig in my Santa bag and see and see what I have.

      Delete
  6. Nothing like trying to read someone else's mind! lol. Buuuuuuut, since you offered.... :-)

    I think I could use an old fanny pack if you got one that's outdated but still zips.

    I could also use cheap spotting scope or small hand held binos ($15 walmart version kinda thing). Lastly, probably a headlamp if you had one of those laying around needing batteries or something.

    I've already got (and been using) the Carbo Mask face paint you sent! Thank you for that. Let me know where to leave the cookies, Santa! Coffee table or counter top?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like a lot of thought went into this one. I don't have a fanny pack or optics to give away... yet, but one never knows what might happen.

      Delete
  7. Great post Al! My Christmas wish is that some of us outdoor/hunting bloggers could go together and give some needy family within the hunting community the best Christmas ever. No doubt we all have contacts that would help us with their Christmas. Would be awesome to give that family some food and hunt'n goodies. Been wishing we could pull it off. If you know of someone we could give to, I would gladly help organize gifts on my end.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a great idea, Randy. I'll put the feelers out there and ask around!

      I helped out a guy over the summer like that. Sent him a bunch of camo, gear and stuff to help him after a fire took everything. He sent me pics of some great deer he and his buddy were fortunate enough to take. I am happy to know someone was able to use the gear and that they were successful in the field, too.

      Delete
  8. My Christmas list is as varied as the next. From a new Cabelas outfitter camo vest, ( buddy had one this past season, very nice), to some new game cameras (can never have to many), a new Go Pro ( that would be sweet), new sharpener for the pack, to a set of gaitors for those wet hunts we get in Idaho. I also have the new Tenzing TZ 1250 pack, and a Jet Boil on the list, kinda all over the board.

    Thanks for the great offer man.

    May you and yours have a Very Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Phillip, I'll see what I have. Shoot me an email with your shipping address. Cheers, Al.

      Delete
    2. saweeeeet, I love Christmas time.

      Delete
    3. Thanks again for the nice stuff you sent my way. It will be well used.

      Delete
  9. Cool post Al! I know you're going to make some hunters' seasons bright this year. How about a California blacktail/muley hunt with the SoCal Bowhunter under the tree??? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like a plan to me, Adam. Next year will be a year of new focus down here, too. We should chat for sure!

      Delete
  10. Great idea btw. The things I'd love and use would be the DNA bow and the meat grinder. I can't afford a either at the moment and have been itching to get back in to the swing of hunting and have a huge family so a meat grinder is a money saver for me :-).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those are key items on my wish list for sure as I don't have them yet. Is there anything else you can think of?

      Delete
  11. I guess if I had a list it would include a GoPro a muddy camera arm a manfroto fluid head and a new hoyt bow or at least a new site for my old one. Could use binoculars for my son so I can use mibe while I we are hunting

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good stuff, Chris. I don't have anything like that (any bow I would have is from PSE and I shoot mine all the time). The GoPro is a great list item. I wish I even had one of those! How old is your son?

      Delete