SoCal Bowhunter Goals and Objectives for 2011
How high will you set the bar this year? I am setting it high again, when it comes to my goals for 2011. Why? Well, it revolves around a coffee mug. It's not the coffee mug itself, but what is inscribed on the side. On the side of this mug is a very powerful sentence.
What would you attempt to do if you knew you could not fail? ~ Anonymous
That statement rings in my head many times throughout the week. Mostly because I love that mug and it's usually filled with coffee. In all seriousness, what would each of you do if you knew you couldn't fail? Would you even attempt to do anything over-the-top or challenging? You might, but it would get old very quickly. With that said, I set my goals high because if I achieve them it will feel like a worthy accomplishment. Some have stayed the same, but the list is an ongoing beast.
- Continue to write at least one gear review per month and video tape a few. You'll understand why I need to video a few as they are completed.
- Go on a Colorado archery elk hunt.
- More giveaways on my blog.
- Meet with at least two archery product manufacturers and shoot their bows and review them.
- Attend and write about more hunting workshops as they become available.
- Leave more comments on other blogs instead of just lurking. (Time management can be a bitch sometimes.)
- Arrow a Pacific-Hybrid deer.
- Arrow my first wild hog.
- Take someone to the archery range and teach them how to shoot a bow.
- Take someone new out hunting.
- Utilize social media more (i.e. Twitter, YouTube).
- Video an actual kill on camera.
- Video someone's hunt.
- Plan on attending the 2012 ATA Show in Columbus, OH.
- Last, but not least...try to smile more and be more personable. I have been told that in person I come across as very serious and not very happy. Contrary to that, I am usually a very happy-go-lucky guy, but I can always improve.
What are your goals for 2011? Care to share at least one?